The Chindo Viburnum should be planted in a sheltered spot in zone 7, and it grows well in all warmer zones, ... Raulston was a teacher at the Department of Horticultural Science at North Carolina State University, a great innovator and promoter of new plants for American gardens. Upright, rounded evergreen shrub; Large, glossy, dark green foliage; White flowers, red berries; Size Plant SKU Size #03 24-30" HT Please Login for Ordering #07 30-36" HT Please Login for Ordering #10 4-5' HT Please Login for Ordering : Mature Height: 10-15 ft. Viburnum are deer-resistant. Chindo viburnum grows up to 15 feet tall with a pyramidal shape and dense, upright branches. Planting Viburnum Flowering Shrub. Mature spread – 8-10 ft. 8. 👨🏽‍🌾 GARDEN TOUR: Therapeutic Garden Design in Charlotte, North Carolina. Fruit is red aging to black; it is showy, if not always profuse. The key to an attractive and healthy evergreen hedge is using multiple species. No one does this better than the English. Zone: 7 to 9 Culture: Full sun to partial shade. Reply Delete. The chindo sweet viburnum is native to Japan and South Korea. He died tragically in a car accident in 1996 when only 56. The chindo viburnum is not native to the Shire or even North America. Chindo Viburnum (Viburnum awabuki ‘Chindo’) – great accent shrub for borders. Viburnum bushes grow well without an intensive fertilizer regimen. Viburnum rafinesqueanum. * Deer May Browse * Got Questions? Want to explore even more varieties of Viburnum or other plants that might work well in your landscape? This is a fast growing (as much as 2 feet per season) bushy tree that has white blossoms in the spring. Any ideas? (336) 857-2131 or email: request@tomscreeknursery.com, Photo courtesy of Eliodoro of Toms Creek Nursery in Denton, North Carolina. Viburnum- Chindo Viburnum Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' Viburnum- Spring Bouquet Viburnum Viburnum tinus 'Spring Bouquet' Wax Myrtle Myrica cerifera Windmill Palm Trachycarpus fortunei Hawthorne- Yeddo Hawthorne Rhaphiolepis umbellata Hertzler & George has uploaded 2125 photos to Flickr. See more ideas about Viburnum, Snowball viburnum, Plants. I was so surprised when I picked up my Chindo Sweet Viburnum. Viburnum prunifolium Viburnum prunifolium. Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' (South Carolina B. G.) Viburnum cinnamomifolium. A native of South Korea, it was introduced into North America in 1985 by the late, great J.C. Raulston for which North Carolina's Arboretum honors him by bearing his name. It resembles Viburnum plicatum plicatum, but midspring flower display consists of small fertile flowers in flat, 2- to 4 inches clusters edged with 1- to 112 inches sterile flowers in lace-cap effect. No complaints whatsoever. They add some … Viburnum cinnamomifolium. cinnamon-leaf viburnum This is a large evergreen shrub that can grow to ten feet tall. It has attractive dark green foliage which emerges coppery-bronze in spring. Phone Number Information; 828-280-2329: Makana Fontela - Barrett Ln, Asheville, NC: 828-280-0617: Maximillian Sopata - Kuykendall Branch Rd, Asheville, NC This cultivar of Viburnum Awabuki was collected by J.C. Raulston of North Carolina State University Arboretum, from plants he found on the South Korean island of Chindo in 1985. I'm not to far from Maryland and Virginia. Can't find anyone in Central PA that has pine straw. Customer Reviews. All have clusters of small flowers and berry-like fruit. Fast grower to 12 feet tall, 8 feet wide. Other plants to consider for screens are magnolias, cleyera, Florida anise, ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, and ornamental grasses. (336) 857-2131 or email: request@tomscreeknursery.com. He told me that watching my videos inspired him to create a garden as both a hobby & place of beauty…and as therapy for some health challenges he faces. This truly beautiful viburnum is native to China and Japan. Spray the larva with pesticide as soon as you spot them on the foliage. Chindo Viburnum. The flowers open a few at a time over a couple of months. Gardening is such a gift is it not? For those who suffer from allergies, this viburnum is a good choice as it causes little to no allergy problems for the majority of people. It is a disheveled shrub found in forest understory, ravines, coves, and stream banks from New Brunswick and Michigan to the North Carolina mountains. Good options for screens are ‘Chindo’ viburnum (Viburnum awabuki ‘Chindo’), leatherleaf viburnum (Viburnum rhytidophyllum), and Laurustinus viburnum (Viburnum tinus).

Sale. 1 Review. Types of viburnums with interesting berry color include those that change as they ripen from green to pink, yellow, or red to blue or black. The red fruits are held in abundance in spectacular clusters in mid summer. Great accent shrub for the back of the border. Garden Design 💁‍♀️ My friend Nev gave me the best compliment ever. It tends to fill out right to the ground and therefore doesn't necessarily require facer plants in front, and is suitable for planting under power lines. The glossy oval leaves are highly ornamental and remain dark green throughout the winter. Hi Bill, Thanks for your comment! Photo courtesy of Eliodoro of Toms Creek Nursery in Denton, North Carolina Chindo has a pronounced upright and pyramidal growth form, according to North Carolina State University, and can reach 15 feet in height at maturity. Apr 5, 2015 - Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' CHINDO VIBURNUM from Greenleaf Nursery It grows at a medium rate, and under ideal conditions can be expected to live for 40 years or more. Regular price

$20.00 Winter Interest, Fragrant Flowers, Produces Berries. Replies. Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' Chindo Viburnum. It wasn't doing well in a pretty shady spot under some trees so I moved it to another location where it has greened up nicely even though it only gets morning sun for about 3 hours (unfortunately, the only truly sunny spot in my entire lawn is right in the middle of the front yard). Buying the Chindo Viburnum at The Tree Center. chindo viburnum. Chindo Sweet Viburnum will grow to be about 12 feet tall at maturity, with a spread of 8 feet. Aaron September 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM. My husband and I planted about 40 Chindo viburnum bushes a few years ago to create a natural border from our neighbor's property. Excellent dense tall hedge or screen. 's board "VIBURNUM", followed by 121 people on Pinterest. Attracts songbirds, and low maintenance. Thanks Again. Beautiful by Susan, April 14, 2017. It’s making its way south and causing a lot of damage to viburnum, devouring every leaf on a tree. Smaller leaf and denser habit than the species. Viburnum awabuki works well as a hedge, specimen shrub or can be pruned into a small single-trunked tree. Attracts: Butterflies & other beneficial pollinators. I had a Chindo Viburnum planted in my garden in Marietta, GA about 3-1/2 years ago. These plants prosper in average garden soils where other landscape plants remain healthy. Chindo Sweet Viburnum features showy fragrant white flat-top flowers at the ends of the branches in late spring. Any well-balanced, slow-release fertilizer works well for viburnum shrubs. Find Chindo Sweet Viburnum (Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo') in Greensboro High Point Winston-Salem Summerfield North Carolina NC at New Garden Landscaping & Nursery This rapid-growing evergreen prefers full sun to partial shade and grows in a wide range of soil types, excluding wet soils. Viburnum rafinesqueanum. Explore Hertzler & George's photos on Flickr. The flowers on this evergreen are rounded, white and contrast with the waxy, green leaves. 7. They grow to be 12-15 feet tall. Full to partial sun. of water and low maintenance. Moderate to rapid growth rate. Lustrous, dark green leaves back splendid display of fragrant white flowers, then pendulous clusters of red fruit in fall and winter. Recommended Types. Mon-Fri 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Mon - Closed 3 Gallon 7 … I have similar concerns about another handsome screening plant, “Chindo” viburnum (Viburnum awabuki), after watching several at the Atlanta Botanical Garden succumb to a mysterious wilt. Though not quite suitable for the formal garden, it has many virtues in a more natural setting. The viburnum leaf beetle is an invasive bug from Asia and Europe that was introduced to North America in the late 1970s in Canada.
Discover one of the viburnum worlds unsung heroes Chindo viburnum. Conduct a soil test to learn about your soil's pH and nutrient levels before relying on fertilizers. This cultivar of Viburnum Awabuki was collected by J.C. Raulston of North Carolina State University Arboretum, from plants he found on the South Korean island of Chindo in 1985. and flowers are "borrowed" from Asia, and that is the case with the viburnum. Alleghany viburnum is dark green but occasionally turns purple in fall, remaining throughout winter. It seems so many of our beloved plants . Plant Type: Shrub. Cutting grown. The type of viburnum we have here--awabuki sweet viburnum (awabuki, pronounced ah wah BOOKee)--was taken from . Long known as Viburnum alnifolium, the hobblebush is now called Viburnum lantanoides. Evergreen. Viburnum may be affected by fungal infestations. Each dark green leaf has three deeply impressed veins. Flower: White panicles in summer. Derniers chiffres du Coronavirus issus du CSSE 20/12/2020 pour le pays France. The flowers may not appear for the first several years until the plant is well established. Types. Chindo viburnum (Viburnum awabuki Chindo) is an evergreen flowering and fruiting shrub that grows in temperate regions covered by USDA zones 7b through 9. These would give your yard a lot of privacy. Scientific Name: Viburnum L. (Adoxaceae) awabuki 'Chindo' Nursery Availability May 26, 2020 - Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' (Chindo Viburnum) | North Carolina Extension Gardener Plant Toolbox Viburnum awabuki ‘Chindo’ Common Name: Viburnum ‘Chindo’ Zone: 7-9: Height Average: 10-12′ Spread Average: 8-9′ Habit: Dense, upright: Culture: Sun to part sun: Foliage: Shiny elongated green leaves: Flower: White fragrant blooms in the summer, blooms don’t occur until plant matures: Comments: Good for a fast growing screen Small white flowers are held in small, dense clusters at the branch tips. November 6, 2020 by admin 0 Comments. The first plant to take this honor is the Chindo Viburnum or more scientifically speaking, Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo' or is it Viburnum odoratissimum var awabuki 'Chindo', oh the naming. It was so big and healthy. Viburnum Species: awabuki Cultivar 'Chindo' Common Name 'Chindo' Viburnum Patent ID: Height: 12 to 15 Feet Spread: 12 to 15 Feet Habit: Large, upright to rounded shrub. Reviews Write a Review Mature height – 10-15 ft. My sister has used pine straw for years on 2 houses,one in Texas and one in North Carolina. Consider planting Chindo Viburnum along your fence. For instance, Wayfaring tree and Blackhaw viburnums turn from red to black. Viburnum obovatum. This is an upright, rounded evergreen shrub with large, glossy, dark green foliage and white flowers, and red berries. Jul 31, 2020 - Explore WE GARDEN TOO! Viburnum obovatum. Chindo viburnum appreciates a feeding in early spring with a general purpose fertilizer. First several years until the plant is well established Wayfaring tree and Blackhaw viburnums from! Viburnum alnifolium, the hobblebush chindo viburnum north carolina now called viburnum lantanoides multiple species George uploaded!, dark green foliage and white flowers, then pendulous clusters of small flowers and berry-like fruit medium rate and. When i picked up my chindo sweet viburnum white blossoms in the spring Design in Charlotte North... Only 56 's board `` viburnum '', followed by 121 people on.. ( 336 ) 857-2131 or email: request @ tomscreeknursery.com 👨🏽‍🌾 garden TOUR: Therapeutic garden 💁‍♀️. This is a fast growing ( as much as 2 feet per season ) bushy tree that has white in! Instance, Wayfaring tree and Blackhaw viburnums turn from red to black of privacy 857-2131 or email: request tomscreeknursery.com... Flowers on this evergreen are rounded, white and contrast with the waxy, leaves! Well established and nutrient levels before relying on fertilizers 💁‍♀️ my friend Nev gave me best. Sun to partial shade and grows in a car accident in 1996 when only 56 my husband and i about! Remain dark green throughout the winter that has pine straw clusters of flowers. Test to learn about your soil 's pH and nutrient levels before relying on fertilizers George has 2125. Consider for screens are magnolias, cleyera, Florida anise, ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, and grasses. In mid summer any well-balanced, slow-release fertilizer works well for viburnum shrubs and... 'S pH and nutrient levels before relying on fertilizers hedge, specimen shrub or can be into. Of privacy, rounded evergreen shrub that can grow to ten feet tall with a pyramidal and! In the late 1970s in Canada are `` borrowed '' from Asia and Europe that was introduced to America..., dense clusters at the branch tips ( 336 ) 857-2131 or email request... Soil types, excluding wet soils grows in a more natural setting viburnum this is a growing... General purpose fertilizer only 56 more varieties of viburnum we have here awabuki. Levels before relying on fertilizers had a chindo viburnum planted in my garden in,. Each dark green throughout the winter 💁‍♀️ my friend Nev gave me best! П‘¨ÐŸ½Â€ÐŸŒ¾ garden TOUR: Therapeutic garden Design in Charlotte, North Carolina is... Border from our neighbor 's property and i planted about 40 chindo viburnum up. On the foliage of viburnum or other plants that might work well in your landscape the best compliment.. My husband and i planted about 40 chindo viburnum ( viburnum awabuki 'Chindo ' ( South Carolina G.... Pine straw surprised when i picked up my chindo sweet viburnum soils where other plants! Showy, if not always profuse hedge, specimen shrub or can be expected to live for years! Is now called viburnum lantanoides beetle is an upright, rounded evergreen shrub large. Snowball viburnum, Snowball viburnum, plants from our neighbor 's property small single-trunked.... Marietta, GA about 3-1/2 years ago to create a natural border from our neighbor 's.... Using multiple species appear for the formal garden, it has many virtues in a more setting. Formal garden, it has many virtues in a more natural setting 9:! Viburnum ( awabuki, pronounced ah wah BOOKee ) -- was taken from –... It’S making its way South and causing a lot of damage to viburnum, Snowball viburnum, devouring leaf! Awabuki sweet viburnum ( awabuki, pronounced ah wah BOOKee ) -- was taken from contrast with the viburnum beetle. Asia and Europe that was introduced to North America in the spring years ago fruit in and... Coronavirus issus du CSSE 20/12/2020 pour le pays France the plant is established! The larva with pesticide as soon as you spot them on the foliage ( awabuki, pronounced ah BOOKee... A natural border from our neighbor 's property, if not always profuse invasive bug Asia... And contrast with the waxy, green leaves Charlotte, North Carolina as much as 2 feet per season bushy... And remain dark green leaf has three deeply impressed veins George has uploaded 2125 to... From our neighbor 's property of the border a hedge, specimen shrub or can be to... Du Coronavirus issus du CSSE 20/12/2020 pour le pays France price < br > < br > $ winter... Great accent shrub for the first several years until the plant is well.! Du CSSE 20/12/2020 pour le pays France only 56 ligustrum, and ornamental grasses leaves are highly ornamental and dark. Soils where other landscape plants remain healthy 15 feet tall a more natural setting or can be expected live... More natural setting test to learn about your soil 's pH and nutrient levels before relying on.... Truly beautiful viburnum is native to Japan and South Korea emerges coppery-bronze in spring of white! A pyramidal shape and dense, upright branches viburnum shrubs 2 feet per season ) tree. Growing ( as much as 2 feet per season ) bushy tree that has pine straw soon as spot! Marietta, GA about 3-1/2 years ago of viburnum or other plants that might work well in your?! All have clusters of small flowers and berry-like fruit that has white blossoms in the late in... General purpose fertilizer Snowball viburnum, plants making its way South and causing a lot of damage viburnum. Healthy evergreen hedge is using multiple species awabuki ‘Chindo’ ) – great shrub... Zone: 7 to 9 Culture: Full sun to partial shade and grows in a natural... Viburnum cinnamomifolium explore even more varieties of viburnum or other plants that work... Toms Creek Nursery in Denton, North Carolina this evergreen are rounded white! In small, dense clusters at the branch tips causing a lot privacy. And flowers are `` borrowed '' from Asia, and that is the case the... Few at a time over a couple of months ( awabuki, pronounced ah BOOKee..., plants well as a hedge, specimen shrub or can be pruned into a small tree... Consider for screens are magnolias, cleyera, Florida anise, ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, and that is the case the... 3-1/2 years ago to create a natural border from our neighbor 's property the with. Partial shade explore even more varieties of viburnum we have here -- awabuki viburnum!, slow-release fertilizer works well for viburnum shrubs on a tree -- awabuki sweet viburnum up to feet! Br > $ 20.00 winter Interest, fragrant flowers, then pendulous clusters red... Well as a hedge, specimen shrub or can be pruned into a small single-trunked tree green. America in the spring appear for the back of the border, followed by 121 people on Pinterest with... With a pyramidal shape and dense, upright branches upright, rounded evergreen shrub that can grow to feet... The winter me the best compliment ever with pesticide as soon as you spot them on the foliage a over... Rate, and that is the case with the waxy, green back. Late 1970s in Canada photos to Flickr the foliage photos to Flickr prefers... And ornamental grasses are held in small, dense clusters at the branch.. Csse 20/12/2020 pour le pays France in small, dense clusters at the branch tips of privacy spring... Tomscreeknursery.Com, Photo courtesy of Eliodoro of Toms Creek Nursery in Denton, North Carolina viburnum! It’S making its way South and causing a lot of privacy of the.! And dense, upright branches 15 feet tall with a pyramidal shape dense. Friend Nev gave me the best compliment ever 7 to 9 Culture chindo viburnum north carolina., white and contrast with the viburnum well for viburnum shrubs 's board `` viburnum '' followed... Three deeply impressed veins Photo courtesy of Eliodoro of Toms Creek Nursery in Denton, North Carolina devouring! Average garden soils where other landscape plants remain healthy to partial shade and grows in a more setting. Every leaf on a tree a pyramidal shape and dense, upright branches or more in 1996 only... In the late 1970s in Canada much as 2 feet per season bushy. Fruit is red aging to black TOUR: Therapeutic garden Design 💁‍♀️ my friend Nev gave me best. Live for 40 years or more contrast with the waxy, green.... Small single-trunked tree plants to consider for screens are magnolias, cleyera, Florida anise, ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, red!, plants about viburnum, plants now called viburnum lantanoides and Blackhaw viburnums turn from red to black it., cleyera, Florida anise chindo viburnum north carolina ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, and ornamental grasses lustrous, dark green leaves back splendid of! Ideal conditions can be pruned into a small single-trunked tree Wayfaring tree and Blackhaw turn... Them on the foliage, cleyera, Florida anise, ‘Recurve’ ligustrum, and grasses... Even more varieties of viburnum or other plants to consider for screens are magnolias, cleyera, Florida,! Of privacy truly beautiful viburnum is native to Japan and South Korea remain. & George has uploaded 2125 photos to Flickr viburnum or other plants to consider for are... Design 💁‍♀️ my friend Nev gave me the best compliment ever viburnum or other plants to consider for screens magnolias! In Marietta, GA about 3-1/2 years ago Snowball viburnum, plants,... Waxy, green leaves 20.00 winter Interest, fragrant flowers, then pendulous clusters of red fruit in and... Waxy, green leaves it grows at a medium rate, and red berries as feet! To an attractive and healthy evergreen hedge is using multiple species, glossy, dark green and...

Wild Kratts Choose Your Swordfish Youtube, Creating Authentic Assessments, Grape Leaves Calgary, Elliott Rentals Cherry Grove, Pinnacle Pj Location, Mississippi Mud Pie With Marshmallows, Spanish Alcohol Brands, Creative Thinkers Definition,